Fort Bend County residents from all over the county have three easy options for visiting with government officials about their flood assistance process. A third Disaster Recovery Center opened today at the Katy Mills Mall, in addition to one in the Sienna Annex and one at the Simonton Community Church.
Disaster recovery centers offer in-person support to individuals and businesses in 39 counties included in the Texas federal disaster declaration for Hurricane Harvey and the subsequent floods.
Recovery specialists from the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA), the State and other agencies will be at the centers to talk about assistance and to help anyone who needs guidance in filing an application. The Fort Bend County Disaster Recovery Centers are listed below:
- Fort Bend County Sienna Annex - 5855 Sienna Spring Way, Missouri City, Texas 77459 Monday – Sunday 7 A.M.-7 P.M.
- Simonton Community Church - 9703 FM 1489 (Simonton Rd.), Simonton TX 77476 Monday – Saturday 7 A.M.-7 P.M.
- Katy Mills Mall - 5000 Katy Mills Cir, Katy, TX 77494 Monday-Sunday 7 A.M.-7 P.M.
The U.S. Small Business Administration’s (SBA) disaster assistance employees are committed to helping businesses and residents rebuild as quickly as possible. SBA representatives are available to answer questions about SBA’s disaster loan program and help business owners and residents apply to SBA.
Disaster Recovery Centers are accessible to people with disabilities. Centers have assistive technology equipment allowing disaster survivors to use amplified telephones, phones that display text, amplified listening devices for people with hearing loss, and magnifiers for people with vision loss. Video Remote Interpreting is available and in-person sign language is available by request. The centers also have accessible parking, ramps and restrooms.
If possible, homeowners, renters and businesses should register with FEMA before visiting a recovery center. Eligible residents may register for assistance the following ways:
- Online at DisasterAssistance.gov.
- Phone 800-621-3362 (voice, 711/VRS-Video Relay Service) (TTY: 800-462-7585). Multilingual operators are available (press 2 for Spanish).
- Via the FEMA app, available for Apple and Android mobile devices. To download visit: fema.gov/mobile-app.
The following information is helpful when registering:
- Address of the location where the damage occurred (pre-disaster address).
- Current mailing address.
- Current telephone number.
- Insurance information.
- Total household annual income.
- Routing and account number for checking or savings account (this allows FEMA to directly transfer disaster assistance funds into a bank account).
- A description of disaster-caused damage and losses.
Disaster survivors can visit any of the centers for assistance. Locations of other recovery centers are online at www.fema.gov/DRC. or http://fortbendrecovers.org/get-help/get-assistance/drc-disaster-recovery-center/
NOTE: If you disagree with your FEMA decision letter, you may be able to appeal. Click here for an updated Fact Sheet: http://ow.ly/TXbq30f0ZpA