Fort Bend residents affected by Harvey now have until November 30th to register for federal assistance. The deadline was November 24, however, an additional six days gives survivors more time through the Thanksgiving holiday.
Federal assistance includes help for temporary housing, rental assistance, and repair or replacement of damaged homes for eligible individuals and families who have suffered losses as a result of the storm. Additional grants may be available to help with other expenses such as medical and dental care, child care, funeral, and burial costs, replacing essential household items, moving and storage, vehicle repairs and some clean-up items.
FEMA encourages you to have the following information on-hand when you register:
- Address of the location where the damage occurred (pre-disaster address).
- Current mailing address.
- Current telephone number.
- Insurance information.
- Total household annual income.
- Routing and account number for checking or savings account (this allows FEMA to directly transfer disaster assistance funds into a bank account).
- A description of disaster-caused damage and losses.
Residents impacted by Harvey can visit FEMA's Disaster Recovery Center located in the northeast parking lot of Katy Mills Mall. You can also call 1-800-621-3362, visit disasterassistance.gov or download the FEMA app on your iPhone, or android device.