Commissioner W. A. "Andy" Meyers
It has been my distinct honor to serve the residents of Fort Bend County as a County Commissioner since January 1, 1997. I am committed to ensuring that taxpayers’ money is spent as prudently and as efficiently as possible. Fort Bend County provides a great bargain for its residents. We have consecutively lowered taxes for the past 20 years from .66 in 1996 to the current rate of .458. For an average of about $50 per month per home, the county funds the entire Justice System, including all of the Courts, the District Attorney’s Office, Constables, Sheriff, and Jail. The county also funds a county-wide Road System, Library System, Drainage District, and Emergency Medical Services. Some personal information about me:
- Married to Janet since 1967, three grown children, three grandchildren.
- Resident of Fort Bend County Pct. 3 since 1976.
- Member Sugar Creek Baptist Church since 1981, Ordained Deacon
- Bachelor of Science - Industrial Technology/Engineering - L.S.U.
- MBA in Finance & Economics - L.S.U.
- Licensed CPA • Licensed Real Estate Broker
- Series 7 Securities Dealers License
- Elected County Commissioner Pct. 3 in 1996, re-elected in 2000, 2004, 2008, & 2012 (Voted “Best Elected Official – County” four times.)
- For 12 years, a Small Business Owner involved in development and management of Commercial Real Estate, Cost Consultant to major corporations such as Woolworth, Radio Shack, Foot Locker, Payless Shoes.
- For 10 years, Finance and Administration executive for major corporations - Occidental Petroleum, Texas Instruments, Continental Oil
- Created Fort Bend Charities, raised over $350,000 for needy families and various local charities and community service organizations.
- Past Director - Riceland/Texana Mental Health Authority
- Director/President - Women's Pregnancy Center
- Katy Rotary Club
- Greater Fort Bend Economic Development Council - Board Member
- Katy Area Economic Development Council – Board Member/Executive Committee
- Fort Bend Chamber of Commerce
- Central Fort Bend Alliance
- Katy Area Chamber of Commerce
- Director/Past Chairman - Houston-Galveston Area Council (Created and Chaired H-GAC Legislative Committee)
- Past Director/Vice Chairman – Conference of Urban Counties (Former Member of Policy Committee)
CONNECT VIA FACEBOOK
22333 Grand Corner Dr., Suite 105
Katy, TX 77494